National Merit Scholarship
- National Merit is only allowing students to use this school year's SAT score to apply, and not previous scores from previous years.
- Students may take an upcoming SAT (including the 'School Day' SAT in April), and mark the code 0085 under the Free Score Report section to send that score to National Merit.
- Students will also need the 'Alternate Entry' packet and they can attain these by calling the National Merit cell center at (847)866-5100.
- Students cannot take the SATmultiple timesthis year and use the best score.
- They can choose the Alternate Entry path and choose ONE administration to send their scores.
- Once they bubble in the NMSC code, the scores will go to National Merit automatically as soon as they are released and it may be before the student knows their score.
- The SAT costs about $50, but low-income students can apply for a waiver.
For more information please see: Ms. Montoya in RM: 1150
The following website will assist you in your scholarship search. By filling out the information in the site listed below it will search for you. It is just that easy.
- Log in to Fastweb.com
Visit http://collegeprowler.com/scholarship/apply.aspx to enter to win. Yes, it is that easy.
- College Invest Scholarships: Go to www.collegeinvest.org and click on scholarships. Check out the various scholarships and contests they have available.
- United Negro College Fund Scholarships: Visit www.uncf.orgfor a list of scholarships with various requirements and deadlines. Some have participating schools attached (can only apply if you are attending certain schools listed). Most allow you to apply on-line.