Hinkley Counseling Department
William C. Hinkley Counseling Department Mission Statement:
The mission of William C. Hinkley High School Counseling program is to provide a comprehensive counseling program to enable all students, regardless of individual differences, to acquire the academic, career, and personal competencies necessary to successfully function and contribute to an ever-changing global society and world.
We believe that academic achievement and personal success is attainable for every student regardless of individual differences. In a continuously changing and complex society, a student needs information to make decisions about his/her life choices and to develop the skills to function successfully. Our comprehensive counseling program is built on the assumption that the academic, career, and personal competencies set forth in the ASCA model enable students to create individualized academic and career plans which allow them to make informed career and life choices. This is vital to student success and attainable. We believe when a comprehensive school counseling program is at the core of a high school, success for ALL stakeholders is inevitable.
The Hinkley High School Counseling Program will implement a comprehensive counseling program that will contain the following:
- Provide a comprehensive counseling program for all students
- Use data derived from needs assessments and program evaluations to assess and direct services
- Create Individualized Career and Academic Plans (ICAP) for 9th-12th grade which are based on the ASCA standards (updated yearly)
- Identify and monitor data and achievement of student competencies related to program outcomes
- Be accountable to all stakeholders through established program guidelines
- Plan and coordinate with advisory council to meet needs of all stakeholders
- Work with APS District and Hinkley High School administration and staff to further district and building goals outlined in Vista 2015
- Deliver services by certified professional school counselors who abide by the Professional Code of Ethics and participate in various professional development activities and collaborative planning for school improvement